CLOSINGS: View Closings

Police: Rochester man dies from probable carbon monoxide poisoning

Authorities said a 61-year-old man died from probable carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday.

Posted: Mar. 15, 2019 10:54 AM
Updated: Mar. 15, 2019 10:55 AM

ROCHESTER, Minn. - Authorities said a 61-year-old man died from probable carbon monoxide poisoning Thursday.
Authorities responded to a medical call and a possible deceased person at 8:57 a.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of 11th St. SE and found the victim, 61-year-old Rodney Hanson, of Rochester.
While administering first aid, first responders noticed their carbon monoxide detectors began to go off.
Another man who was at the house, a 70-year-old man, was taken to the hospital.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
50° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 50°
Albert Lea
Scattered Clouds
50° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 50°
Austin
Scattered Clouds
55° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 55°
Charles City
Overcast
46° wxIcon
Hi: 48° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 41°
Rochester
Overcast
48° wxIcon
Hi: 49° Lo: 24°
Feels Like: 44°
Clouds and light rain will continue to fill in tonight, making for a soggy Sunday.
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Is your bracket crushed?

Image

Stretch Your Inch

Image

Bulls defeat Blizzard to move on

Image

2 NCAA wrestling titles coming back to Iowa

Image

NIACC celebrates 100 years

Image

Tracking Sunday Morning Rain

Image

Tracking Rain Showers Moving In

Image

Free speech on college campuses

Image

Tracking Our Lovely Weekend Start and A Few Drops of Rain

Image

Car fire in Rochester

Community Events