ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man police believe was involved in two robberies – one that left a 17-year-old boy severely beaten this week – is in custody.
Rochester Police said Yiep Lam, 23, was taken into custody around 2 a.m. Friday and is facing robbery and drug charges.
Lam is accused of a Wednesday incident where a boy was dragged from his car and beaten before the car crashed into a building.
Lam is also accused of robbing a man after leaving a bar earlier this month and forcing a victim to withdraw cash. Lam also allegedly told the man he had a handgun.
He was spotting walking toward an apartment early Friday at The Gates of Rochester. Upon being arrested for probable cause of the robbery, Lam was also found in possession of 62 Xanax pills and an ounce of marijuana, according to police.
- Police: Rochester man connected to two robberies arrested
- Police: Rochester man arrested for aggravated robbery in connection to September incident
- Police: Man with ties to recent Rochester robberies arrested
- Police: Five arrested in connection to February robbery at Rochester apartment complex
- Man sentenced for Rochester robberies
- Rochester man loses robbery appeal
- Man, 18, arrested in connection to Cold Stone Creamery robbery
- Man arrested in connection to Friday stabbing in Rochester
- Arrest made in Rochester armed robbery
- Two arrested after violent robbery in Rochester