ALBERT LEA, Minn. - A pursuit that began after an alleged robbery entered Iowa, went back into Minnesota and left three people facing charges.
Tony Viramonh, 30, of Austin, Joshua Allen, 31, of Austin, and Nicole Eisenmenger, 28, of Austin, are facing charges after a robbery report and subsequent pursuit.
Albert Lea Police were dispatched to the 300 block of 2nd St. East for a robbery in progress at 8:58 p.m. Sunday. The suspects were known to the victims and reported to have handguns in their possession.
When officers arrived, the suspects attempted to flee in an SUV. Officers attempted to make a traffic stop in the area of 4th St. and Frank Ave., and police say the vehicle pulled over momentarily before fleeing.
As the vehicle was fleeing, a female occupant exited the vehicle at 7th St. and Frank Ave. and was arrested.
The vehicle continued to flee from officers southbound and entered Worth County before coming back to Minnesota.
In the area of Gordonsville, Minnesota, officers successfully deployed stop sticks and the vehicle came to rest just east of Gorndonsville on Freeborn County Rd. 1.
Residents in the area of the alleged robbery are unsure which house was targeted, but one neighbor wasn't too surprised something like this happened.
Art Flattum has lived in this neighborhood for more than 40 years, and said crime like this is just getting worse.
"I hope they catch all these people," Flattum said. "It's getting to be awful."
About a month ago, he almost fell victim to theft when he woke up to the tool box doors on his truck open. Thankfully nothing was taken, but it's definitely made him more aware and alert.
Flattum and other residents are relieved authorities have suspects in custody, but say they'll still be locking their doors.
Allen is facing charges of first-degree burglary, second-degree assault, aggravated robbery, felon in possession of a firearm, reckless discharge of a firearm and fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle.
Viramonh is facing charges for first-degree burglary, second-degree assault, aggravated robbery and a felon in possession of a firearm.
Eisenmenger is facing a charge of fifth-degree drug possession.
- Police: 3 arrested after robbery in Albert Lea led to pursuit in Freeborn, Worth counties
- Albert Lea man to stand trial for Worth County pursuit
- Albert Lea man arrested for drugs in Worth County
- New director needed for Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber
- Albert Lea and Freeborn County planning for future
- Osage man arrested after Worth County pursuit
- Guilty plea in Albert Lea armed robbery
- Albert Lea woman facing aggravated robbery charge
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Worth County burglary charge dropped against Albert Lea woman