MASON CITY, Iowa - Police say the man shot Saturday night in Mason City has been treated and released from the hospital. 22-year-old Dominick Nicholson has identified himself to KIMT as the shooting victim.
Mason City Police Chief Jeff Brinkely states the public is not in danger.
"The investigation is ongoing. We want to be certain. We have reasonable belief who the players are, who the actors are and so to that end we are content with that," Brinkley said.
No arrests have been made.
Previous story below
MASON CITY, IA-- Officers are investigating a shooting on the 200 block of 12th St SE that happened around 6:47 Saturday night.
First responders say they found a male victim with a gunshot wound to his upper body. Authorities say the victim's injuries do not appear to be life threatening.
Neighbors tell KIMT the area of 12th St SE is usually a pretty quiet part of town.
"I thought this was a pretty nice neighborhood. I didn't expect anything like this to happen. Our neighbors are real nice and they've been really like - offered us to help us move in and stuff, so I was really surprised," neighbor Bradley Bell says.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to contact the Mason City Police Department.
Stay with KIMT for the very latest.
- UPDATE: Victim of Saturday night Mason City shooting out of hospital
- UPDATE: Railroad officer involved in Mason City shooting
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle crash in Mason City
- UPDATE: Charge changed in Mason City killing
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist in Mason City crash identified
- UPDATE: Unattended candle caused Mason City fire
- UPDATE: Man jailed after Mason City crash
- UPDATE: Motorcycle accident in Mason City
- UPDATE: Suspect identified in Mason City gunfire
- Shooting investigation underway in Mason City