ROCHESTER, Minn. – More than 200 pounds of marijuana with an estimated value of more than $500,000 was seized early this morning in Olmsted County.
“I can’t remember the last time we seized this amount,” Cpt. John Sherwin said.
Rochester police said the investigation centered on a person believed to be transporting narcotics and marijuana from California to Rochester.
Jeffrey Lawstuen, 44, of Rochester, was arrested and found with a loaded handgun in his vehicle at 3:30 Thursday morning near Interstate-90 and Highway 63. He is facing charges for first-degree sales of a controlled substance. A search of a residence in northwest Rochester was also executed.
The Minnesota State Patrol and the K-9 unit assisted in the investigation.
- Police: More than 200 pounds of marijuana seized in southern MN traffic stop
- Sheriff: 138 pounds of marijuana found hidden in containers in southern MN ditch
- Final tally: 227 pounds of marijuana seized in Rochester
- Police conduct raid on southern MN house
- Traffic stop results in man being found with stolen gun, 16 pounds of marijuana
- Minnesota woman stopped with nearly 300 pounds of marijuana
- Sheriff: Sports memorabilia collector in southern MN has nearly 200 items stolen
- Beer Spill: Around 43,000 pounds of blueberry beer in trailer that tipped over in southern MN
- Authorities: Two in southern MN found with 118 pounds of suspected liquid meth
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN