MASON CITY, Iowa - A convicted felon allegedly ran from police with a loaded handgun early Monday before being arrested.
Aaron Hermen, 31, of Mason City, is facing charges of interference with official acts - firearm, control of a firearm by a felon and multiple drug-related offenses after an alleged incident at 1:11 a.m. in the 1400 block of N. Washington Ave.
Authorities say Hermen was observed running from a vehicle when he saw law enforcement and was ordered to stop. A .22 caliber handgun was located near the location where he was chased and arrested.
Hermen was also found with methamphetamine, marijuana and several pills identified as methadone hydrochloride.
- Police: Mason City felon arrested after running from authorities with loaded handgun, drugs
- 7-year-old brings loaded handgun to school in Minnesota
- Mason City Police: Man arrested for fighting with officers was in possession of loaded 9 mm
- Mason City woman arrested on drug charges
- Authorities make arrest after missing Mason City girl is located
- "Spare Parts" Author in Mason City
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Prostitution arrest in Mason City
- Authorities: Woman discards loaded syringe under patrol car, facing drug and forgery charges
- Second guilty plea from Mason City couple arrested for drugs