ROCHESTER, Minn. - Trying to swipe a purse on a dance floor led to two felony charges against a 35-year-old man after he was allegedly chased down by the victim.
Letrell Brewer, 35, is facing charges of simple robbery and theft after an incident early Sunday morning at Dooley’s Pub.
Police said the 22-year-old female was on the dance floor with her purse strapped around her shoulder when she felt the purse moving. The man allegedly took her cell phone and other items before he gave the woman back her house keys.
Police say Brewer was chased down by the woman and her friend and they were able to get the phone back. Officer arrested Brewer, who they said smelled of marijuana, without incident.
- Police: Man who allegedly stole items from woman at bar chased down by victim
- Tip from mother leads authorities to man who allegedly stole Dilly Bars, food from Dairy Queen
- Rochester police searching for man who allegedly broke into garage, stole another man's truck
- Man arrested for allegedly punching girlfriend at Rochester bar
- Update: Man arrested for allegedly sexually abusing woman after giving couple ride home from bar
- Police: 45-minute foot chase results in man arrested for allegedly beating man, robbing 2 people
- Sheriff: SE Minnesota man arrested for assault after allegedly chasing a woman with knife
- Marshalltown woman killed in police chase
- Police: Man arrested for stealing decorative swords pawned off items
- Update: Man allegedly involved in 2-county pursuit stole vhicle from Cresco, tried to run into I-35 traffic