ROCHESTER, Minn. - A 45-year-old man is accused of punching an officer in the head.
Rochester police say Joseph Rodriquez was being arrested for a probation violation after a trespassing call was reported Tuesday at 3:43 a.m. at 607 7th Ave. SE.
When officers attempted to arrest Rodriquez, he allegedly punched a male officer in the head before officers tased him.
He is facing charges of fourth-degree assault against a peace officer and obstructing the legal process.
- Police: Man had to be tased after allegedly punching officer in head
- Man arrested for allegedly punching girlfriend at Rochester bar
- Man pleads guilty to punching a police officer
- Man sentenced for punching a Rochester police officer
- Twice-tased man arrested in Rochester
- Rochester police: Man arrested for allegedly punching woman who labeled him a snitch
- Authorities: Woman charged after allegedly punching Cerro Gordo Co. correctional officer in face
- Clear Lake man facing felony charge for allegedly punching, choking woman
- Southern MN man arrested, Tased after violating no-contact order
- Pursuit end in Rochester with man being tased, arrested