ROCHESTER, Minn. – A tip from a social worker led to the arrest of a man accused of stealing eight swords from a home.
Cordell Young, 64, of Rochester, is facing a first-degree burglary charge after authorities say he was involved in stealing eight decorative swords from a home in the 200 block of 10th Ave. NE.
The incident was reported May 23 and police say Young admitted to being involved. Authorities also said Young pawned off a number of different kinds of knives and swords May 24.
Authorities say based on the description of the man involved, a social worker recognized the description and told police she had knowledge that Young has been known to steal things.
- Police: Man arrested for stealing decorative swords pawned off items
- Sword-swinger sentenced in Rochester
- Shutdown employees turn to pawn shops
- Roommate fight escalates into 1 man using sword
- Safe Holiday Decorating
- Rochester Police: Man arrested for stealing rental car
- Reynolds says children used as 'pawns' in immigration fight
- Father of killed Iowa student decries using her as 'pawn'
- Mayo recreates historic Christmas decoration
- Accused sword thief to get a mental exam