ROCHESTER, Minn. – Drug use was to blame for a large man running naked around downtown Rochester, police said.
Police received calls around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday after a man was seen running and screaming naked in the 1st Ave and Broadway Ave. area before he entered a construction site on 4th St. and finally ran into a Mayo Clinic building.
Mayo Security was able to contain him after he was found banging on the walls and screaming.
Police believe he was experiencing “excited delirium” due to drug use.
Officers used a Taser to get control of the man and security was able to get him medical help. The man, 6-foot-5, 250 pounds, acknowledged he had used methamphetamine. No charges have been filed.
- Police: Large, naked man causes disturbance in downtown Rochester
- Crash in downtown Rochester
- Minnesota man arrested for fishing naked
- Man sentenced for stabbing at a large Rochester party
- Man facing charges after party disturbance
- Rochester's Downtown Farmers Market Returns
- Pannekoeken returns to downtown Rochester
- Downtown Rochester intersection to close
- Rochester Police: Report of naked woman in van of TJ Maxx parking lot results in citation
- Police: Rochester man arrested and found with large amount of drugs next to child