ROCHESTER, Minn. – Drug use was to blame for a large man running naked around downtown Rochester, police said.
Police received calls around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday after a man was seen running and screaming naked in the 1st Ave and Broadway Ave. area before he entered a construction site on 4th St. and finally ran into a Mayo Clinic building.
Mayo Security was able to contain him after he was found banging on the walls and screaming.
Police believe he was experiencing “excited delirium” due to drug use.
Officers used a Taser to get control of the man and security was able to get him medical help. The man, 6-foot-5, 250 pounds, acknowledged he had used methamphetamine. No charges have been filed.
- Police: Large, naked man causes disturbance in downtown Rochester
- Rochester's Downtown Farmers Market Returns
- Man facing charges after party disturbance
- Cleanup money approved for downtown Rochester development
- "Ashes to Go" in downtown Rochester
- Large meth arrest leads to felony charges against Rochester woman
- Algona man pleads not guilty to sending, receiving naked images
- Mason City Police Department fields disturbance calls over holidays
- Floyd County man arrested after pool hall disturbance
- Howard County man arrested after disturbance in Osage