DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A Des Moines woman is accused of binding her children by the hands or feet to keep them under control.
Polk County court records say 38-year-old Jessica Henderson is charged with child endangerment. The records don't list an attorney who can comment on Henderson's behalf. Her next court hearing is scheduled for Oct. 22.
School officials contacted police last month about a photograph taken in March that shows the children tied up on the floor. Authorities haven't said who took the photograph.
Police Sgt. Paul Parizek says the children aged 9, 5 and 4 years were taken to a hospital but had suffered no significant injuries.
Henderson told Des Moines station KCCI that a friend of hers bound the children when she was in another room.
- Police: Iowa woman bound 3 kids' hands, feet to control them
- Historic North Iowa restaurant changing hands
- Iowa man loses hand in fireworks explosion
- Police: Iowa man used camera in fake clock to peep at woman, kids
- Federal sentence handed down to North Iowa man
- Iowa Gov. signs state budget, issues handful of vetoes
- Red Cross handing out flood clean-up kits in Iowa
- Iowa kids show off animals at All Iowa Showdown
- SEMAC hands out grants
- Police say shooting that injured NE Iowa woman was accidental