Prosecutors say a man charged with vehicular homicide in a fatal November crash near Ankeny was speeding and talking on his cellphone at the time of the crash.
Television station KCCI reports that 51-year-old Aaron Lehman, of Polk City, was driving a pickup truck 20 mph over the posted 55 mph speed limit when he rear-ended a car Nov. 25 on a highway north of Ankeny.
A passenger in the car, 55-year-old Tracy Gugger of Ankeny, died at the scene.
Lehman has pleaded not guilty homicide by vehicle while driving recklessly. He is free on $10,000 bond and is set to appear in court Jan. 30.
- Police: Iowa man charged in fatality was speeding, on phone
- High-speed chase turns fatal on Iowa roadway
- Man charged for fatal crash in eastern Iowa
- Man arrested in Mexico will face Iowa fatal assault charges
- Police investigate fatal shooting in northwest Iowa
- Police: Iowa man fatally shot after breaking into neighbor's home
- Northeast Iowa man arrested after high speed chase
- Iowa leads nation in speeding tickets
- Police charge Boone woman with fatal stabbing of man
- Man charged in fatal fall through ice