AMES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities have released the name of a man who was injured in a fall from the upper level of Iowa State's Jack Trice Stadium onto fans below.
A university police report says 31-year-old Eric Ely hit three women on the lower level during the Oct. 26 game against Oklahoma State. None of them suffered serious injuries, and Ely reported that he briefly lost consciousness and suffered a concussion. He was taken to an Ames hospital before being flown to a Des Moines hospital.
The report says Ely "jumped up during a big play and just went over the rail in one movement; like the momentum carried him over." Witnesses told investigators that Ely didn't appear to be intoxicated.
Ely has declined to comment publicly. Police say no charges have been filed.
- Police ID man who fell at Iowa State stadium onto fans below
- Man falls from upper deck onto fans below at Iowa State stadium
- Iowa man who fell off back of ATV has died
- Lawsuit says Iowa's voter ID law violates state constitution
- Iowa woman who fell from pickup fatally struck by car
- College basketball fans experience Iowa hospitality
- Fans welcome North Iowa Bulls back home
- Police ID man killed in Fort Dodge shooting; make arrest
- Iowa ends Minnesota's unbeaten season at Kinnick Stadium
- Judge blocks parts of Iowa's new voter ID law