Nora Springs, Iowa – Authorities have identified two people killed Friday in a vehicle vs. train crash near Nora Springs.
According to the Iowa State Patrol crash report, 66-year-old James Blazier and 66-year-old Dixie Blazier, both of Harvard, Illinois, died in the crash.
A third occupant of the vehicle, 55-year-old Glenda Mundis, of Harvard, Illinois, was transported by Mercy Air-Med to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa in Mason City. According to staff, she was discharged on Saturday, Dec. 2.
The crash happened at 11:54 a.m. Friday at 260th St. and Zinnia Ave.
The report states the vehicle, a 2016 Chevy Equinox, was northbound when it entered the train cross and was struck on the front passenger side by a Canadian Pacific train.
The vehicle, rolled onto its roof. The train was a single-engine train with no passenger cars.
- Authorities ID 2 people killed near Nora Springs in vehicle-train crash
- Nora Springs woman in Mower County crash
- One arrested after Nora Springs drug raid
- Historic Nora Springs home being demolished
- Nora Springs man sentenced for rural burglary
- Nora Springs woman hurt in Minnesota collision
- 1 person transported after rollover crash in Nora Springs
- Authorities ID man killed in Worth County tractor-train collision
- Authorities ID Mason City man killed in Hancock Co. crash
- Authorities ID SE Minnesota man killed in crash