ROCHESTER, Minn. – A date that began with people meeting on an online dating website allegedly ended when a man was robbed of $1,000.
Police were called to Slattery Park on Tuesday and located a man walking barefoot.
The man said he had met a woman on the online dating site blackpeoplemeet.com and they met to get drinks around 9 p.m.
Police say the two wanted to get intimate so the girl had a friend take them to Slattery Park.
When the woman suggested they take their shoes off – she allegedly told the man it would feel good on their feet – she reached into his pocket, stole his wallet and ran off.
The man had $1,000 in his wallet
The woman he met had a phone number that was tracked to a site for Rochester escorts.
The woman is still at-large.
- Police: First date goes awry when man robbed of $1,000
- Rochester Police: Drug deal gone awry may have led to BB gun shooting
- Police: Drug deal that began on Snapchat goes awry, ends with assault in southern MN
- Update - Police: Transaction gone awry led to woman being dragged by truck in Mason City
- Police: 3 houses robbed in Rochester neighborhoods
- Man sentenced for robbing ice cream store
- Rochester Police: 2 robbed at gunpoint while closing Coldstone Creamery
- Police: Juvenile robbed, almost ran over in Rochester
- Police: Rochester man robbed while helping friend move at 2 a.m.
- Man says he was hit by 2x4, robbed in Rochester