ROCHESTER, Minn. – A video chat has led to charges against a 27-year-old man.
Rochester Police responded to a domestic call around 11:10 a.m. Sunday after a person saw a female being hit while on a video chat.
The responding officer saw a female running and a male – later identified as Damien Newman – chasing after her.
Newman allegedly told the woman he was going to kill her and grabbed a knife.
Newman is facing charges of second-degree domestic assault, domestic assault strangulation, damage of property and terroristic threats.
- Police: Domestic abuse caught on video chat leads to charges in Rochester
- Police to investigate Ellison domestic abuse charges
- Disturbance call in Decorah leads to felony domestic abuse charge
- Olmsted Co. Sheriff: Family squabble leads to domestic abuse charge
- Man sentenced for video chat assault
- Iowa police officer charged with domestic abuse assault
- Incident in Ventura leads to felony domestic abuse charge for woman
- Authorities: Dispute about TV leads to felony domestic abuse charge in Worth County
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge for strangulation
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge