MASON CITY, Iowa - Two Clear Lake women are accused of ongoing criminal conduct after authorities said they committed multiple thefts from Walmart over a six-week period.
Mandi Wheeler, 27, of Clear Lake, and Amelia Tiedt, 53, of Clear Lake, are accused of stealing $1,261.69 worth of items from Walmart by using the self checkout and scanning a floss barcode instead of the barcode for merchandise in the cart.
Police said Wheeler admitted the thefts to an officer after continuing the process “multiple times,” according to court documents.
She and Tiedt are being charged with ongoing criminal conduct-unlawful activity and two counts of third-degree theft.
- Police: Clear Lake women charged with ongoing criminal conduct after multiple thefts from retailer
- Mason City woman charged with ongoing criminal conduct
- Clear Lake police: Multiple theft reports from vehicles over weekend
- Clear Lake man charged in Mason City theft
- Man, 62, facing criminal sexual conduct charges in southern MN
- Freeborn Co. man facing felony criminal sexual conduct charge
- Guilty plea in Austin criminal sexual conduct
- Oakland man sentenced for criminal sexual conduct
- Clear Lake 9/11 Ceremony
- Clear Lake man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries