ROCHESTER, Minn. – A gathering and ensuing fight led to two men being stabbed and one having to go into surgery immediately.
Aaron Swedberg, 30, of Rochester, is facing charges for first- and second-degree assault and terroristic threats after police say he stabbed two people Friday night in the 300 block of 6th Ave. SE.
Authorities say a 27-year-old was having a small gathering when Swedberg became upset and a physical fight ensued.
The 27-year-old and a 26-year-old man went to Swedberg’s house to shake hands, police said, and Swedberg allegedly pulled a knife and stabbed the 27-year-old in the chest. The 26-year-old allegedly reached to the pull the victim back and he was also stabbed in the arm.
The 27-year-old went into surgery and is expected to survive. The 26-year-old was taken to the hospital.
Officers said they found a bloody knife in Swedberg’s pocket.
- Police: Man facing charges after 2 stabbed in Rochester
- Rochester man facing armed robbery charge
- Man facing drug charges after Rochester arrest
- Man facing felony charge for alleged Winnebago County stabbing
- Man pleads not guilty in Rochester stabbing
- Rochester man sentenced for stabbing a woman
- Police: 2 facing charges after Rochester search warrant executed
- Police: Man facing attempted murder charge after stabbing at Saint Marys Hospital
- Four facing prostitution charges after Rochester sting
- Man facing drug charges after short foot chase in Rochester