OSAGE, Iowa – Parents in Osage said they were shocked Tuesday after learning more details about a threat at the Middle School Friday evening.
“It’s a small town,” said Chris Meirick. “Everybody knows everybody.”
“Kinda shocked me that something that would happen in a small town like this,” said Billy Roll.
The Osage Police Department said two middle school students were questioned after the district was made aware of a gun threat to students and staff.
“I was concerned something was going to go wrong,” said Meirick.
Law enforcement said they did arrest two juveniles and bring them to a detention center. They are currently facing charges of terroristic threats, a Class D Felony.
“The police and everyone involved are taking care of things,” said Meirick.
Lieutenant Jeremiah Johnson said when they first received the call it was something they had to take seriously.
“Nowadays you can’t take any threats lightly,” said Lt. Johnson. “We wanted to conduct an investigation and conclude it as soon as possible.”
Lt. Johnson said there is no threat the students or staff, which is putting those in Osage at ease.
“They’re a good department,” said Roll. “They’ll get to the bottom of it and straighten it out. Hopefully everything goes back to normal.”
Those with the police department said the situation is still under investigation but more information is likely not going to be made public because the case involves two juveniles.
- Police: 2 Osage Middle School students charged after threats of violence with firearms
- Juvenile charged for alleged threats of violence with a firearm against Osage schools
- Update: Police confirm juvenile facing charges for Osage school threat
- Golden Apple Winner: Adam Brinkman at Osage Middle School
- Police: Juvenile facing felony charge related to gun threat toward Osage schools
- Osage students have 'special sendoff'
- Osage Middle School students 'stuffing the bus' for Mitchell Co. Food Bank
- Osage middle school principal on paid administrative leave after OWI charge
- Sheriff: No threat to Osage schools after domestic call
- Osage Schools continues addition process