COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Officials in western Iowa say a man has died after the bicycle he was riding was hit by a vehicle, and investigators are now searching for the driver.
The Pottawattamie County Sheriff's Office says in a news release that deputies were called to a section of the Old Lincoln Highway around 2:25 a.m. Saturday for a report of a bicycle that had been hit.
Arriving deputies found a man with serious injuries, but the vehicle that hit him had fled. The man was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities have not yet identified the man killed, and no arrests have been made.
- Police: Bicyclist killed in western Iowa hit-and-run
- Bicyclist injured in hit-and-run collision
- Bicyclist hit and killed in southern Minnesota
- Bicyclist hit in Rochester intersection
- Dodge County bicyclist hit by truck and killed
- 1 bicyclist killed in Palo Alto County in north Iowa after being hit by van
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- UPDATE: Female bicyclist hit in Rochester
- Bicyclist hit by car in Austin
- Authorities say Iowa boy killed by hit-and-run driver