AUSTIN, Minn. – After being accused of assaulting the same person twice, an Austin man is sentenced to five years of probation.
Jeremy James Gilbert, 31, pleaded guilty to one count of 5th degree assault in exchange for three other counts of assault and one count of false imprisonment being dismissed. Austin police say he attacked the same man in October and December of 2017.
Besides his probation, Gilbert must perform 300 hours of community service.
- Plea deal results in probation for Austin assaults
- Bar assault means probation for Austin woman
- Northeast Iowa sex assault arrest results in a plea deal
- Austin man reaches plea deal over assault charges
- Austin man changes plea on sex assault
- Plea deal in Austin heroin arrest
- Not guilty plea in Austin heroin deal
- Plea deal struck in Austin attempted murder
- Plea deal in major Austin drug bust
- Austin purse thief gets probation