OSAGE, Iowa – The man accused of supplying the alcohol that led to a fatal crash has changed his plea.
Justin William Slaichert, 22 of St. Ansgar, was charged with supplying alcohol to someone under the legal age, resulting in death, for the January 6 crash that killed Hannah Nichole Pfeifer. Court documents say Pfiefer had a blood alcohol contest over twice the legal limit at the time of the crash and that Slaichert, Pfeifer’s boyfriend, had bought her three beers before it happened.
Slaichert was originally charged with a felony but has agreed to plead guilty to an aggravated misdemeanor, supplying alcohol to a person under legal age, resulting in serious injury. The maximum sentence he faces is two years in prison.
A sentencing hearing for Slaichert is scheduled for July 17.
- Plea deal in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Probation in fatal Mitchell County crash
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Former 'Bachelor' star takes plea deal in fatal crash
- Charge filed in deadly Mitchell County crash
- Plea confusion for Mitchell County man facing federal charges
- Man entered Alford plea in Mitchell County kidnapping case
- Not guilty plea in fatal Olmsted County crash
- New Mitchell County supervisor appointed