DECORAH, Iowa – A woman accused of hitting and starving her three-year-old daughter is pleading guilty.
Monica Flores, 28 of rural Cresco, entered a guilty plea Tuesday in Winneshiek County District Court to aggravated misdemeanor child endangerment. The criminal complaint states that Flores’ daughter was found to have “major bruising” on her neck, torso, and legs and the bruising looked to have occurred over a length of time. Authorities say the girl also appeared to be malnourished.
Fores has been sentenced to two years of probation.
- Plea deal in case of girl beaten and starved in northeast Iowa
- Guilty plea in northeast Iowa drug bust
- Adoptive brother taking plea deal in Iowa girl's death
- Iowa man charged in girl's starvation death reaches plea deal
- Measles case confirmed in northeast Iowa
- Trial set in northeast Iowa drug case
- Not guilty pleas in northeast Iowa drug bust
- River warning in northeast Iowa
- Manure spill in northeast Iowa
- Brother of starved girl gets prison for injuring her