FOREST CITY, Iowa – A man accused of a baseball bat attack takes a plea deal.
Authorities say Shannon Matthew Miller, 43 of Lake Mills, hit a man with a bat on July 25 and left a large welt on the victim’s left arm.
Miller has entered an Alford plea to assault causing bodily injury. That means he does not admit guilt but acknowledges he could be convicted at trial and will accept sentencing.
Miller has been ordered to spend 20 days in jail and pay both a $315 fine and restitution to his victim.
- Plea deal in Winnebago County bat attack
- Not guilty plea in Winnebago County bat attack
- Guilty plea in Floyd county bat attack
- Guilty plea in Oronoco bat attack
- Not guilty plea in Winnebago County embezzlement
- Not guilty plea in Winnebago County kidnapping
- Plea deal in Hancock County attack
- Lake Mills man accused of bat attack
- No CAFO in Winnebago County
- Winnebago County hosting summer fun