MASON CITY, Iowa – A former NIACC basketball recruit takes a plea deal in a sex abuse case.
Rugde Hyppolite, 20 of Naples, Florida, has pleaded guilty to 1st degree harassment for an October 2017 incident at a NIACC dorm room. Authorities say Hyppolite had unwanted sexual contact with an 18-year-old woman. He stood trial for 3rd degree sex abuse in August 2018 but the jury failed to reach a verdict and a mistrial was declared. A new trial had been scheduled to start in July but a plea deal was ultimately reached.
He’s been given a deferred judgment and one to two years of supervised probation. Hyppolite must also pay $636.15 in restitution. If he meets all the terms of his probation, his conviction will be removed from Hyppolite’s record.
- Plea deal in NIACC dorm room sex abuse case
- Not guilty plea in NIACC sex abuse case
- Plea deal in Freeborn County sex abuse
- Plea deal in Buffalo Center sex abuse case
- Registered sex offender takes plea deal in Iowa sex abuse case
- Plea deal in sex crime case involving Stewartville man
- Guilty plea in Dodge County sex abuse case
- Guilty plea in Howard county sex abuse case
- Not guilty plea in Olmsted County sex abuse case
- Not guilty plea in Austin sex abuse case