MASON CITY, Iowa – A North Iowa man pleads guilty to arson in Mason City.
Cedric Lee Harris Jr., 20 of Forest City, is scheduled to be sentenced June 24.
He was charged with 1st degree arson after law enforcement said Harris dumped gasoline on firewood for sale outside the Yesway convenience store on North Federal Avenue. Court documents state Harris dumped the gas around 1 am on September 22, 2018, with people near the firewood and someone inside the store.
Harris reached a deal with prosecutors to plead guilty to 2nd degree arson, a class “C” felony punishable in Iowa by up to 10 years in prison.
- Plea deal in Mason City arson case
- Mason City man takes plea deal in drug case
- Mason City woman takes plea deal in meth case
- Plea deal in Mason City sex assault
- Plea deal in Franklin County arson
- Guilty plea in Mason City forgery case
- Not guilty plea in Garner arson case
- Guilty plea in Garner arson
- Mason City man reaches plea deal over multiple drug charges
- Mason City man takes plea deal for two crimes