HAMPTON, Iowa – A Franklin County woman accused of arson in pleading neither guilty nor not guilty.
Dawn Renae Debell, 50 of Hampton, was charged with 1st degree arson. Police say she set fire to a Sheffield home on July 7.
On Thursday, Debell entered a Alford plea to a lesser charge of 2nd degree arson. That means Debell will not admit guilty but concedes she could be found guilty at trial and will accept sentencing.
2nd degree arson is a class “C” felony in Iowa, punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
Debell’s sentencing is set for November 8 in Franklin County District Court.
- Plea deal in Franklin County arson
- Not guilty plea in Garner arson case
- Plea deal in Freeborn County sex abuse
- Plea deal in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Plea deal in Hancock County attack
- Plea deal in Winnebago County bat attack
- Plea deal in Olmsted County chase
- Plea deal in deadly Cerro Gordo County collision
- Another plea deal in Humboldt County attempted murder
- Plea deal in Austin heroin arrest