ROCHESTER, Minn. – A plea deal is reached over the sexual assault of a woman at a summer party.
Marcus Aaron Shines, 37 of Rochester, was arrested in late-July 2018 and charged with 1st degree criminal sexual conduct. Authorities say he assaulted a woman in the 1600 block of 8 ½ street SE in Rochester.
On Monday, Shines’ trial was scheduled to begin but he entered a plea to the reduced charged of 4th degree criminal sexual conduct.
Shines is now due to be sentenced on January 13, 2020.
- Plea deal in 2018 Rochester sex assault
- Plea deal in Mason City sex assault
- Not guilty plea in Rochester sex assault
- Plea deal in Rochester burglary
- Northeast Iowa sex assault arrest results in a plea deal
- Rochester man takes plea deal for assaulting police
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County sex assault
- Guilty plea in hotel sex assault
- Austin man changes plea on sex assault
- Plea deal in Freeborn County sex abuse