MASON CITY, Iowa – A North Iowa teen accused of dealing drugs changes his plea.
Tirrell Harlan Hopkins, 18 of Mason City, was charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana and possession of contraband in a correctional facility after his arrest on July 3. Police say he was stopped because it was suspected he was driving drunk and Hopkins was found with marijuana, plastic baggies, and marijuana wax.
Authorities say a small baggie of cocaine was then found in Hopkins’ underwear when he was booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail.
Hopkins changed his plea on Monday from not guilty to guilty. His sentencing is set for December 10.
- Plea change in North Iowa drug arrest
- Guilty plea to North Iowa drug dealing
- Plea changed for accused drug dealer
- Guilty plea in northeast Iowa drug bust
- Not guilty plea in North Iowa marijuana arrest
- North Iowa arrests led to federal guilty pleas
- Guilty plea in North Iowa crime spree
- Not guilty plea in North Iowa chase
- Guilty plea in deadly North Iowa crash
- Guilty plea in North Iowa meth possession