CLOSINGS: View Closings

Pine Island home damaged after kitchen fire

A home suffered damage to the kitchen and its upstairs after a house fire Tuesday night.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 8:49 AM
Updated: Aug 14, 2019 1:39 PM

PINE ISLAND, Minn. - A home suffered damage to the kitchen and its upstairs after a house fire Tuesday night.

The Pine Island Fire Department was dispatched to the 200 block of 8th St. SW at 6:58 p.m. after a report of a structure fire.

Crews found heavy smoke in the home and located the fire, which was believed to be a grease fire, in the kitchen.

Crews were on the scene until around 9 pm.

The American Red Cross was requested to assist the family.

Article Comments

Mason City
Overcast
35° wxIcon
Hi: 54° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 26°
Albert Lea
Overcast
36° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 28°
Austin
Overcast
37° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 31°
Charles City
Overcast
36° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 27°
Rochester
Scattered Clouds
36° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 26°
Rain chances return
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Community Events