ROCHESTER, Minn. – A petition drive is underway to keep the Peace Plaza just the way it is in downtown Rochester.
Arlyn Gagnon of the Charles E. Gagnon Museum and Sculpture Garden says the Destination Medical Center redesign of the Chateau Theatre could include renaming the Plaza and removing the Peace Fountain created by her husband in the late 1980s
Mrs. Gagnon says she is asking residents to sign a petition at gagnonmuseum.org and leave testimonials and fond memories they have of the Peace Plaza and the Fountain.
- Petition to preserve Peace Plaza
- Woman arrested after driving through Peace Plaza
- New Grand Entrance to Come to Peace Plaza
- Woman sentenced for drunk driving through Peace Plaza
- Petition to change Halloween
- Rochester City Council approves $1.7M to go toward face lift for Peace Plaza, or The Heart of the City
- Celebrating the meaning of preserving
- Dodge County debates preserving historic site
- Building preservation workshop held in Northwood
- Heritage Preservation Commission will review re-paving