MASON CITY, Iowa- Ghosts. Goblins, and witches hit the streets Wednesday to celebrate Halloween, but what if Halloween always fell on a Saturday?
That’s exactly what one petition from Change.org is calling for and they already have tens of thousands of signatures.
“I like having the spirit of it right on Halloween night,” said Randy Martinson as he handed out candy. “The overall theme of having it possibly fall in November or earlier in October just doesn’t seem right to me.”
The petition says that making the change would make Halloween safer citing that there are around 3,800 Halloween related injuries each year. Plus, it would also allow for a longer period of time for Trick or Treating, something Halloween lovers can’t argue with.
“Halloween night is Halloween night,” said Anthony Djuren. “But I think it’s just an opportunity for kids to get out, stay a little while longer and see a little more of their neighborhood.”
And for those doing the tricks or looking for treats, well they said they wouldn’t mind having it on a Saturday.
“We won’t have to worry about homework,” said Charlie Reindl. “We could stay up late, eat candy and watch TV.
“Us kids, we like to come out here and just trick or treat,” said Zack Royse. “School work is stopping us.”
Follow the link below to the petition:
- Petition to change Halloween
- Halloween (1978) vs. Halloween (2007)
- Petition to preserve Peace Plaza
- The costs of Halloween
- Safety tips for Halloween
- Staying safe on Halloween night
- Costume business open for one final Halloween
- Superman Returns (2006) vs. Halloween (2018)
- Starbucks adds Witch's Brew Halloween drink
- Petition asks Sen. Grassley to 'stop rubber-stamping Trump judges'