ROCHESTER, Minn. – President Donald Trump’s visit to the city will bring major transportation changes, such as road closures, on Thursday.
Some tell KIMT they will be avoiding downtown completely, and others don’t think it will affect them at all.
“I think tomorrow it would be wise to allow yourself a lot of extra time to get where you're going,” Tracy McCray, of Rochester, said, “both in the morning and in the afternoon and all the way around.”
McCray tells KIMT she walks to work. The president’s trip doesn’t inconvenience her, but she said it is a cause for concern.
“I know that the president goes and does a lot of these rallies all around the country, and it's been fine every night,” McCray said, “but I know that there's a lot of emotions and I am concerned about public safety.”
Regenia Smalley doesn’t plan to protest, but others are getting ready with signs in hand.
“I’m kind of staying away because I don't really like our current president,” Smalley, of Rochester, said. “I'd prefer not to have to listen to him.”
Sue Hommerding, of Rochester, is planning to protest.
“He's welcome, you know,” Hommerding said, “but I just wish he displayed different characteristics.”
Whether you work downtown or even go to school, many people in the city are anxiously awaiting the president’s visit.
“I am kinda excited to see him in person,” Jack Vang, a student at the University of Minnesota Rochester, said. “Some things that he actually does I don't support, but he's our president so I feel the need that i have to support him.”
- People prepare for President Trump's visit in Rochester
- How law enforcement prepared for President Trump's Rochester visit
- Who has to pay for President Trump's visit to Rochester?
- Road closures in Rochester for President Trump's visit
- Rochester Public Transit sets a new record during President's visit
- Residents react to President Trump visit
- Minnesota Education Commissioner visits Rochester
- Rochester parents prepare for preschool
- President Trump is coming to Rochester
- Watch: President Trump arrives in Rochester