MASON CITY, Iowa - A man hit by a vehicle while walking on a Cerro Gordo county road has died.
Jason Garcia died Saturday, Mason City police said Tuesday.
Garcia was struck while walking in/on the 1700 block of S. Eisenhower Ave. at 10:47 p.m. on Nov. 7.
Garcia was treated at Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa before he was life-flighted to Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
The driver of the vehicle, Jay Paulsen, was charged with driving under suspension. The collision remains under investigation, according to police.
- Pedestrian hit while walking on Mason City roadway has died
- Flooded roadways
- Reaction to pedestrians hit
- UPDATE: Driver dies after truck hits tree in Mason City
- WWII veteran dies in Mason City
- Bicyclist hit by truck in Mason City
- Truck hits light pole in Mason City
- Mason City football reacts to walk-off win
- Mason City Schools' annual Walk-a-Thon ends in slime
- Walking for two different causes in Mason City