KIMT-TV 3 - MiEnergy Cooperative is asking members to reduce their use of electricity between 2 and 6 pm Monday. Freeborn-Mower Cooperative Services and Heartland Power Cooperative are also urging members to delay power usage until after 7 pm.
This "Peak Alert" is issued during times of increased power usage and cooperatives say it can help keep electric rates stable.
- 'Peak alert' issued for Monday afternoon
- More peak alerts issued
- Peak Alert issued for Friday afternoon
- Peak alert issued for Tuesday
- Three electrical co-ops issue a Peak Alert for Monday
- Energy co-op issues a peak alert
- UPDATE: Three energy co-ops issue peak alerts
- 'Peak Alert' issued for northeast Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Another 'Peak Alert' issued in response to high temperatures.
- Peak alerts issued for southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa