KIMT-TV – Three electric cooperatives are issuing peak alerts on Tuesday afternoon and early evening.
MiEnergy Cooperative, Freeborn-Mower Cooperative Services, and People’s Energy Cooperative are asking members to reduce use of electricity between 2 and 6 pm due to expected high demand on the regional power grid.
Members are being asked to set their air conditioners to 78 degrees, use a dishwasher or do laundry later in the evening, use a microwave or a grill instead of an oven, and leave televisions or gaming systems off.
- Peak alert issued for Tuesday
- More peak alerts issued
- Energy co-op issues a peak alert
- Peak Alert issued for Friday afternoon
- 'Peak alert' issued for Monday afternoon
- UPDATE: Three energy co-ops issue peak alerts
- 'Peak Alert' issued for northeast Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Another 'Peak Alert' issued in response to high temperatures.
- Three electrical co-ops issue a Peak Alert for Monday
- Peak alerts issued for southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa