RUSHFORD, Minn. – MiEnergy Cooperative is issuing a peak alert from 2 to 2 pm on Monday.
The company, which supplies electricity to more than 18,000 customers in northeast Iowa and southeastern Minnesota, says it expect high demand on the regional grid and that can lead to increased energy costs.
The co-op says limiting power use until after 6 pm will help it keep electricity rates stable.
Freeborn-Mower Cooperative Services and Heartland Power Cooperative are also asking their members to reduce electric usage from 11:00am until 7:00pm today.
- Peak alert for North Iowa and southern Minnesota
- 'Peak Alert' issued for northeast Iowa and southern Minnesota
- Peak alerts issued for southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa
- Peak alert for thousands in southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa
- More peak alerts issued
- Peak alert issued for Tuesday
- Air quality warning across North Iowa & Southern Minnesota
- Winter Storm Watch blankets southern Minnesota, part of north Iowa
- Tracking river levels across north Iowa, southern Minnesota
- Strong winds roar through North Iowa and southern Minnesota