PLOVER, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa State Patrol says two people were fatally injured in a collision at a northwest Iowa intersection.
The patrol says the accident occurred Friday afternoon when an eastbound car on a Pocahontas County road didn't halt at a stop sign before trying to cross Iowa Highway 4 about 3 miles (5 kilometers) west of Plover. The car collided with a southbound semitrailer.
The patrol says the car driver, 24-year-old Kyle Briggs, of Denver, Iowa, died at the scene and says 48-year-old Christine Price, of Rolfe, died later at a hospital. The patrol also says 19-year-old Elyjah Aden, of Rolfe, and 47-year-old John Price, also of Rolfe, were taken to hospitals.
The semitrailer driver was not injured. The patrol identified him as 21-year-old Ryan Larson, of Armstrong.
- Patrol: 2 fatally injured in northern Iowa collision
- Two injured in northeast Iowa collision
- State Patrol: 4 injured in collision at Mower Co. intersection
- Patrol: 3 people killed, 2 hurt in western Iowa collision
- Fatal collision in Wright County
- North Iowa woman injured in Mower County collision
- Hawkeyes handle Northern Iowa, 77-54
- Valparaiso downs Northern Iowa, 75-66
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies Cresco driver involved in Fillmore County fatal collision
- 2 University of Northern Iowa students, 1 from southern Minnesota, killed in car-semitrailer collision