MASON CITY, Iowa- On Thursday, dozens of motorcycle riders hit the pavement headed north towards Albert Lea for the annual “Patriot Ride” to raise money for wounded veterans and their families.
Kyle Easley is the one who not only coordinates the ride through Mason City, but also helps find the local veterans in need.
Last year the group raised $1,200 and the “Nation of Patriots” nonprofit matched their efforts for two different veterans.
While he said they do have a hard time finding veterans in need, there are many that just don’t know about the funds.
“Since we just started getting involved with this in the last two years I think we’re still trying to get the word out there,” said Easley. “Some people just don’t know about it.”
- Patriot Ride leaves Mason City
- Moonlight Bike Ride lights up Mason City
- Nationwide Patriot Tour rolls through Mason City: 'It's a great honor to serve'
- Mason City Fire Chief placed on administrative leave
- Jingle Ride through Mason City for affordable biking, feeding the hungry
- Trooper: Mason City man picks jail over getting ride, walking on proper side of interstate
- Mason City Transit offers free rides for participants of summer lunch program
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm
- House fire in Mason City