ROCHESTER, Minn. – Interstate 35 southbound through Owatonna has been closed after a series of vehicle crashes stopped traffic.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is advising no travel on I-35 south of Owatonna to the Elko/New Market exit north of Northfield because of dangerous road conditions. An advisory against travel along Highway 19 east and west of I-35 has also been issued.
Vehicle spinouts have also been reported on Highway 52 between Zumbrota and Cannon Falls. If travel is essential, drivers are urged to consult the MnDOT road conditions map by clicking here.
102 snowplows are on state highways in southeast Minnesota but MnDOT says driving conditions are still “challenging” because of the rate of snowfall.
- Part of I-35 closed in Minnesota
- I-35 crash in Minnesota injures three Iowans
- Rollover crash near Minnesota-Iowa border on I-35
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- I-35 ramps to close north of Mason City
- I-35 ramps to close north of Clear Lake
- Multiple crashes on I-35 in Worth County
- Accident on I-35 in Franklin County
- Traffic impacted after crash on I-35
- I-35 ramp closures Thursday in Worth County