OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A pair of thefts – one that could have occurred as far back as December of 2015 – are being investigated.
Authorities say a woman died in May of 2018, and they took her jewelry and put it in a safe deposit box. When taking inventory, they noticed 18 missing items valued at around $20,000. The jewelry was appraised in December of 2015, and the sheriff’s office said the case will be difficult to solve because the woman could have given some of the jewelry away while she was alive. The theft call was reported from the 5900 block of Glencroft Ln. SW in Rochester Thownship.
Another theft was reported Friday morning in the 10,000 block of 110th Ave. SW in Rock Dell Township after an unlocked vehicle had $600 cash, two shotguns and rifle stolen (total value $4,200). Authorities said a witness saw a black truck driving through the area that night, and Dodge County had similar circumstances occur as well.
- Pair of theft investigations underway in Olmsted Co.
- Investigation underway after equipment thefts in Olmsted County
- Burglary investigation underway in Olmsted Co.
- Residential burglary investigation underway in Olmsted County
- Pair of Olmsted Co. burglaries reported
- Package thefts reported in Olmsted County
- Arson investigation underway after stolen car found on fire in Olmsted Co.
- Residential burglary being investigated in Olmsted County
- Multiple large-item thefts reported in Olmsted County
- Another construction site theft reported in Olmsted County