ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A traffic stop that led to an arrest has now produced a guilty plea.
Police pulled over 28-year-old Christopher Lynn Wright in Albert Lea on November 10, 2017 for suspicious license plates. An officer says he detected the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle and a search turned up two hand guns, a black machete, more than 60 grams of marijuana, almost two grams of methamphetamine, and about $1,000 in cash.
Wright, from Owatonna, is pleading guilty to possession of a firearm after being convicted of a crime of violence. His sentencing is set for February 15.
- Owatonna man pleads guilty in Freeborn County
- Freeborn County man pleads guilty to burglary
- Prison sentence for Owatonna man
- Man pleads guilty to threatening a Freeborn County employee
- Texas man pleads guilty to Freeborn County drug crime
- Northwood man pleads not guilty to Freeborn County assault
- North Carolina man pleads guilty to Freeborn County sex crime
- Freeborn County woman pleads guilty to stalking North Iowa man
- Owatonna man pleads not guilty to Mower County robbery and assault
- Accused burglar pleads not guilty in Freeborn County