OSAGE, Iowa – A Mitchell County man is going to prison for assaulting a teenage girl.
Timothy Eugene Hines, 44 of Osage, was arrested in April 2018 and accused of attacking a 14-year-old female. As part of a plea deal, Hines entered an Alford plea to assault with intent to commit sexual abuse and a charge of 3rd degree kidnapping was dismissed.
On Tuesday, Hines was sentenced to five years in prison and must be on the Iowa Sex Offender Registry for 10 years.
Authorities say his victim was riding in Hines’ car when he began touching her leg. The girl told law enforcement that when she got out of the car, Hines pushed her into a ditch and assaulted her.
An Alford plea means Hines does not admit guilt but concedes he could be convicted at trial.
- Osage man sentenced for assaulting a teen
- Osage man sentenced to jail
- Minnesota man pleads guilty in Osage assault
- Osage man sentenced for child sex abuse
- Osage man arrested for kidnapping and sexual assault
- Man sentenced for domestic assault
- Osage man sentenced for 2nd high speed chase
- Rochester man sentenced for sexually assaulting a teen
- Austin man sentenced for sex assault on teen
- SAW: Osage GB Seniors