ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man accused of beating an elderly neighbor has been sentenced.
57-year-old Roger Ardell Hareldson of Oronoco pleaded guilty to one count of stalking. The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says Hareldson had an argument with his 81-year-old neighbor over a fence line dispute on July 17. Authorities say the neighbor took a swing at Hareldson, who then punched the 81-year-old multiple times and broke several bones in his face.
On Monday, Hareldson was sentenced to 18 days in jail, two years of probation, and ordered to pay a $900 fine or perform 90 hours of community work service.
- Oronoco man sentenced for fight with neighbor
- Man hospitalized after Oronoco crash
- Pine Island woman sentenced for Oronoco burglaries
- Guilty plea in Oronoco burglary
- Oronoco driver hurt in rollover
- Dry Conditions, Oronoco Fire Spreads Fast
- Multiple vehicles damaged in Oronoco shed fire
- Oronoco Gold Rush Days attracts antique shoppers
- Guilty plea in Oronoco bat attack
- Oronoco residents pick up the pieces