GARNER, Iowa – One defendant in a Hancock County drug bust is going to prison while another is heading for trial.
Kirk Edison Williams, 57 of Crystal Lake, pleaded guilty to possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine as part of a deal where 11 other drug charges would be dismissed. He was sentenced Tuesday to three years in prison. Williams must also pay a $5,000 fine.
Kirk and Rita Williams were arrested on March 4 after a search where law enforcement said it found meth, marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, and drug paraphernalia.
Rita Williams, 62 of Crystal Lake, is scheduled to stand trial on October for six counts of manufacturing marijuana, possession of meth-2nd offense, possession of marijuana-2nd offense, possession of mushrooms-2nd offense, and failure to use a drug tax stamp.
- Half of Hancock County drug bust sentenced
- Trial set over Hancock County drug kits
- One sentenced, one set for trial in Hancock County drug bust
- Second woman sentenced for Hancock County drug bust
- First trial set in February drug bust
- Trials set for Rochester drug bust
- Hancock County drug arrest going to trial
- Trial set in fatal Hancock County crash
- Trial set in Hancock County gun case
- Trial set over Hancock County rifle threats