CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – Three people were hurt in a two-vehicle collision Saturday afternoon north of the Mason City Municipal Airport.
It happened around 3:46 pm on 300th Street/B20, west of Killdeer Avenue. The Iowa State Patrol says Ronald Hanson, 81 of Forest City, was driving east when he crossed the center line and struck the westbound vehicle driven by Saidou Fofana, 30 of Mason City.
Hanson was taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa with what emergency responders called possible life-threatening injuries. Mercy says Hanson was treated and transferred to another medical facility.
Saidou Fofana and a passenger, Ibraham Fofana of Mason City, were also taken to Mercy with minor injuries and were treated and released.
This crash forced the temporary closure of a section of 300th Street/B20. Authorities say there is no word yet on why Hanson crossed the center line.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office, Clear Lake Fire, Mason City EMS, and Mercy Air assisted at the scene.
Previous story below
CLEAR LAKE, Iowa – One man is in critical condition after a car accident in Clear Lake Saturday afternoon.
Our reporter on scene says it happened in the area of Killdeer Avenue and 300th Street, also known as B20.
For some time, a section of B20 was closed on Saturday.
According to Iowa State Patrol, an eastbound vehicle crossed the center line hitting a westbound vehicle in the westbound lane.
The two people in the westbound vehicle had minor injuries and are expected to be OK.
The driver of the eastbound vehicle is in critical condition with possible life-threatening injuries. He was transported to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa.
No word yet on why the driver crossed the center line.
Stay with KIMT for the latest.
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies people in Cerro Gordo Co. collision
- Two hurt in Cerro Gordo County collision
- Plea deal in deadly Cerro Gordo County collision
- Prison sentence for fatal collision in Cerro Gordo County
- State Patrol: Vehicle reached speeds of around 130 mph in Cerro Gordo Co. pursuit
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies Cresco driver involved in Fillmore County fatal collision
- UPDATE: Fatal crash victim in Cerro Gordo Co. identified as Swaledale council member
- Drug charges for Cerro Gordo County man
- First confirmed flu in Cerro Gordo County
- Cerro Gordo County dispatchers receive $16,000 grant