RED WING, Minn. (AP) - One person is dead after a residential fire in Red Wing.
Firefighters were called Sunday morning and were told the home might still be occupied. Crews arrived and were met with fire at the front porch and in the living room with heavy smoke throughout the first and second floors.
During a search of the house a victim was found on the first floor and removed by firefighters. The victim was taken to a Red Wing hospital and pronounced dead.
The cause of death has not been determined. The state fire marshal's office is investigating along with Red Wing police.
- One person dies in SE Minnesota house fire
- Family of six hurt in SE Minnesota house fire
- Early morning fire in rural SE Minnesota
- Wild deer dies of insect-spread disease in SE Minnesota
- 2 off-duty officers help man escape from SE Minnesota house fire
- 3 young girls burned in SE Minnesota house fire remain in critical condition
- Northern Minnesota house fire kills three
- UPDATE: Rural house fire in southern Minnesota
- Two dead after Minnesota house fire
- NE Iowans crash in SE Minnesota