DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The Iowa State Patrol says one person died and three others were injured in a weekend rollover crash near Des Moines.
The State Patrol says the crash happened around 1:30 a.m. Saturday on an eastbound ramp connecting Interstate 235 to Interstate 80 in Polk County.
The driver of a Chevrolet Silverado lost control of the truck on the onramp before it went into a ditch and rolled onto its roof.
Iowa State Patrol spokesman Sgt. Alex Dinkla says 20-year-old Taylor Dean Babcock died at the scene. He was a passenger in the truck,
The driver and two other passengers were hurt in the crash. One person had serious injuries while the other two suffered only minor injuries.
- One killed in crash near Des Moines
- Pedestrian killed, SUV driver arrested in Des Moines
- Longtime Iowa sportscaster killed as rain swamps Des Moines
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Medical marijuana facility proposed for Des Moines
- Des Moines Register ordered to conceal information
- Gunshots end football game in Des Moines
- Woman sentenced for Des Moines murder
- Six hurt in Des Moines shooting
- Des Moines hospital transplant program announces closure