FLOYD COUNTY, Iowa – A man is dead after an SUV/bus collision Thursday morning.
The Iowa State Patrol says the crash happened around 8:25 am at the intersection of Packard Avenue and 270th Street. The Patrol says Harold Vermeer, 72 of Charles City, was driving south and did not obey the stop sign. Vermeer’s SUV was hit by the westbound bus driven by Matthew Katcher, 32 of Greene.
The State Patrol says Vermeer was fatally injured and Katcher was taken by private vehicle to Waverly Hospital. Both men were wearing their seat belts. The collision is still under investigation.
The Floyd County Sheriff’s Office, Marble Rock Fire, Charles City Fire, and AMR Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- One dead after two-vehicle crash in Floyd County
- Floyd County crash turns deadly
- Fatal crash in Floyd County Saturday morning
- Another arrest for stolen vehicles in Floyd County
- Tractor fire in Floyd County
- Bringing the Floyd in Floyd of Rosedale
- Floyd woman sentenced for drunken crash
- Benefit account established for Floyd County crash survivor
- UPDATE: Final name known in fatal Floyd County crash
- Update: 2nd crash involving farm equipment reported in Floyd County