OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A two-vehicle crash east of Byron Tuesday afternoon killed one person.
It took place around 4:21 pm at the intersection of Highway 14 and County Road 3. The Minnesota State Patrol says as 16-year-old male driver was heading south and trying to cross Highway 14 when he collided with the eastbound vehicle driven by Scott Alan Gifford, 60 of Byron.
The 16-year-old driver and Gifford were taken to St. Mary’s Hospital. Gifford suffered what are described as non-life threatening injuries. The 16-year-old’s injuries are not being described but he was not wearing his seat belt.
The State Patrol says a passenger in the teenage driver’s vehicle, Michael O’Connor Hendrix, 18 of Beroun, died in the crash.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, Byron Fire Department, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- One dead after collision in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: One dead after Olmsted County collision
- Three pickup collision in Olmsted County.
- Two-vehicle collision at Olmsted County roundabout
- One seriously injured in Olmsted County collision
- Two injured in Olmsted County collision
- Olmsted County collision injures three on Tuesday
- Sheriff: Two people injured in Olmsted County collision
- Two-vehicle collision on I-90 in Olmsted County
- One driver still in critical condition after Olmsted County collision